Taylor Johnson Announces New Client McHugh Concrete Construction, Inc.December 17, 2021
I am excited to announce that Taylor Johnson now represents McHugh Concrete Construction, Inc.,(McHugh Concrete), a national leader in concrete construction. The firm regularly serves as the concrete subcontractor on construction projects ranging from high-profile residential skyscrapers such as the 1,198-foot-tall St. Regis Chicago to smaller structures like the 45,000-square-foot, five-story office building at 1100 W. Fulton Market in Chicago.
The firm’s staff includes estimators, project managers, structural engineers, superintendents and highly skilled tradespeople. McHugh Concrete’s portfolio includes projects in the hospitality, office, retail, multifamily, education, institution, parking and special use sectors.
With its unmatched experience with post-tensioned concrete decks, beam and columns with high-strength mixes, as well as its commitment to moving the needle on sustainability, McHugh Concrete can serve as an expert source and thought leader on a wealth of concrete construction topics trending in the Midwest and nationally, such as:
- New green concrete mixes and solutions to advance net-zero construction goals
- Supply chain, labor and operational challenges of the concrete construction industry
- Innovative technologies in concrete construction
A corporate fact sheet with an overview of the company and its representative projects is attached and below. You can stay current on McHugh Concrete’s projects by following them on LinkedIn. We look forward to sharing news about the firm in the coming months.
Emily Johnson, president
McHugh concrete Construction, Inc. – FACT SHEET
Corporate Headquarters: Nashville Office:
1737 S. Michigan Ave. 209 10th Avenue South, Suite 413
Chicago, Ill. 60616 Nashville, Tenn. 37203
- Patricia McHugh, Chairman
- Brett Szabo, President
- Alex Bonfil, Vice President
- Michael Pagano, Vice President
- Brad Davis, Chief Operating Officer
- Jim McGeever, General Superintendent
- Brian Sapone, Project Executive
- Maxim Levin, Project Executive
Founded in 1897, McHugh Concrete is a fourth-generation, privately owned concrete construction company and one of the largest concrete construction firms in the U.S. The company has a dedicated concrete staff including estimators, project managers, structural engineers, superintendents, technical engineers and highly skilled crafts and trades people.
In 2020, McHugh Concrete employed more than 1,000 people and reported over $200 million in revenue. The firm’s total revenue for concrete services over the last five years is approximately $683 million. McHugh Concrete has consistently been ranked among the Top 20 Concrete Contractors by Engineering News-Record.
McHugh Concrete first earned its reputation for concrete creativity on Marina City in downtown Chicago in the 1960s. The twin corncob tower design was considered unbuildable until McHugh Concrete took up the challenge. Since then, McHugh Concrete has poured concrete for eight of Chicago’s 10 tallest concrete buildings, including Trump Tower Chicago, the second tallest concrete structure in the United States. McHugh Concrete’s portfolio includes projects in the hospitality, office, retail, multifamily, education, institution, parking and special use sectors. In addition to its corporate headquarters in Chicago, the firm operates a satellite office in Nashville, Tenn.
Expertise and Resources:
- Unmatched experience with post-tensioned concrete decks, beam, and columns with high strengths and high-flow mixes, as well as all types of construction equipment including tower cranes, luffing cranes, derricks, and hoists.
- High-quality, high-speed work while maintaining exceptional safety records.
- Experience with all types of formwork: Peri, Doka, Aluma, Forming Concepts, Symons, Ulma, and Meva.
- Full-service equipment yard.
- One of the first concrete contractors to use proprietary green concrete for high-rise construction.
- Extensive inventory of forming and shoring equipment.
- Own and operate truck-mounted concrete pumps and tower-mounted placing booms.
- Leica Geosystems Robotic Total Stations: increases precision of layouts and as-built drawings.
- Tekla Structures: creates 3D models for estimating through construction.
- Field staff are equipped with tablets and smartphones for real-time access to 3D models and drawings.
Notable Current or Recent Projects:
- Lendlease and Magellan Development Group’s Cirrus and Cascade towers; St. Regis Chicago, One Chicago, Oak Brook Commons, Central DuPage Hospital Winfield Road Parking Structure, McDowell Point Senior Apartments.
- 900 Church Street, Nashville and West End Residential, Nashville.
- Lendlease’s The Reed at Southbank, using proprietary green concrete.